The Statistical Report is frequently used by states to identify clients served by an Agency over a specific time period. The following is a summary of the data and logic for the report output.
Things to note:
- This report returns the results of the number of assisted units based on the search criteria on the screen: specific agency, funding source, program year, date range, or county.
- Hancock has two statistical reports, one is based on the completed date, which in Hancock means the invoice submission date. The other is based on the paid date (some states call this the 'approved date')
- How to run the statistical report based on completion date - go to "system reports," select "agency production/statistical reports" and the last report on the dropdown list will be "statistical report."
- How to run the statistical report based on payment date - Under the reporting section of the main menu click "paid statistical report."
Summarizes the total Units marked as the identified type by the Selected Agency, for the selected Funding Source, Agency, optionally County in the timeframe identified.
a. Units Reweatherized
- The number of reweatherized completed units within the date range
- Completed single family units are counted if the reweatherization checkbox is checked on the Audit Information Screen.
- Completed multifamily projects are counted if the reweatherization checkbox is checked on the Audit Information Screen of the common area job.
b. Units Denied
Unrelated to completed units. Counts only units, not common area projects where the following conditions are met:
- Certified date is within the date range of the report
- Client is marked as denied
Units Completed This Report A count of the completed units that meet the selected date range, which in Hancock means the unit is on a submitted invoice.
Units Completed to Date A count of all of the funding source's completed units with a completed date that is on or before the end date selected for this report.
Returns the number of Units or Residents in the units which meet the stated description for completed units.
Before This Period Completed units prior to the selected date range
This Period Completed units during the selected date range
Year-to-date Total of all units of this type up to the end of the selected date range -- This header has the wrong label, Hancock will change this label to read "Budget Period Total to Date"
Total People Assisted The sum of occupants with the above categorizations. Beginning in maintenance releases after July 2017, Hancock is changing this field to the sum of total occupants (unduplicated). In the meantime, if you are looking to identify Total Occupants in Assisted Units, please use Part C, Section 1 "Total Persons Living in Assisted Households/Units".
Part C - Section 1
a. Assisted Households/Units The number of completed units based on completion date, which in Hancock means the unit is on a submitted invoice.
b. Denied Households/Units Same logic as Part A "Units Denied" - Units marked as denied, and units that are ineligible and have certified dates within the selected date range.
c. Unassisted Applicant Households/Units
- Before This Period: clients/projects whose certified date is before the selected start date, but not considered as assisted before this period
- This Period: clients/projects whose certified date is in the selected date range, but not considered as assisted in this period
- Year-to-date: clients/projects whose certified date is <= the selected end date, but not considered as assisted in year-to-date (note: Year-to-date is an incorrect heading. The correct label should be "Budget Period Total to Date)
d. Total Applicant Households/Units (Regardless of whether assisted) The sum of a. Assisted Households/Units] and c. Unassisted Applicant Households/Units.
e. Total Persons Living in Assisted Households/Units The number of people living in completed units.
f. Total Persons Living in Applicant Households (Regardless of whether assisted) The same logic as "d. Total Applicant Households/Units (Regardless of whether assisted)," except it counts the number of people.
Part C - Section 2a
Assisted Units by percent of poverty level The number of completed units based on completion date, which in Hancock means the unit is on a submitted invoice. The units in this section are grouped by poverty level. The total of this group matches Part C Section 1 -> a. Assisted Households/Units Assisted Households/Units
Part C - Section 2b
Applicant Units by percent of Poverty Level (Regardless of whether assisted) In this section it does not matter whether the unit is completed or not. The units are grouped by poverty level. The total of this group matches [Part C Section 1 -> d. Total Applicant Households/Units (Regardless of whether assisted)
Part C - Section 3
Part C - Section 3, New row for unduplicated count of elderly, disabled or young child
Some versions of the software include a new row in Section 3 of the Statistical Report (System Reports / Agency Production/Statistical, Report = Statistical Report). Section 3 is the number of assisted households/units with at least one member who is: a.60 or older; b.disabled; c.5 and under. The numbers in these columns are duplicated. In some versions of the software, there is a new column in Section 3, "Unduplicated Count of Above."
Part C - Section 4
A count of people residing in completed units that meet the criteria listed.